Site Reliability Engineer
Product Development - Kista
A site reliability engineer at Genero ensures that the orders keep flowing.
At Genero Solutions we strive to make the everyday life for the travelling sales representative as efficient and delightful as possible. By providing a SaaS service and mobile apps we help sales teams dealing with fast moving consumer goods unleash their true potential.
Our customers are primarily in the Nordics, but we are expanding to the rest of the world.
You will be part of a cross functional team responsible for the development and operation of our products. We develop our products mainly with Microsoft technology and deploy them to a local datacentre as well as to Azure. Our focus is to move all the infrastructure to Azure within the next year.
What you’ll do
- You will ensure availability and resiliency of our systems by looking at things like scaling, redundancy, fail-over and disaster-recovery.
- You will monitor our systems, identify key performance indexes and make the data available and understandable to the rest of the team.
- You will perform performance analysis and implement optimizations to minimize the resource utilization and effectiveness of our systems
- You will make sure our systems are secure
- You will continuously reduce the need of human intervention in operational tasks and automation of processes.
- You will work closely with the product developers and our support team to resolve production issues.
- You will be involved in resolving customer support issues
- You will demonstrate and promote best practices for the team
Who you are
- You are either an experienced sysadmin with professional skills in Windows, preferably on distributed systems, and a demonstrable interest in using software engineering to solve operational problems; or a software engineer with real interest in infrastructure, monitoring and automation.
- You know your way around databases and clusters
- You have experience of using a public Cloud such as Azure, AWS or GCP.
- You are comfortable with automating tasks with PowerShell or some other scripting language
- You are not afraid to get your hands dirty
We believe in strong teamwork and the important thing is what you do not where and when you do it.